I am so tired. Last night was the first night I tried sleeping without stilnox or copious amounts of booze in months. Months? Ok. Years. There was that two month phase when my supply from my Korean doctor had run out and I didn't have health insurance but I was unemployed and sleeping through the afternoons. So it didn't really matter much that I wasn't falling asleep til the early morning. Anyway, I went to get my prescription yesterday and it wasn't ready. Glitch in the system. Everyone was told the wrong day/time and meds were in high demand. I didn't have the time to wait around since I was on lunch and I finished working after the pharmacy was closed so I tried taking melatonin and drinking brandy but it didn't help. I was wide awake still at 4am and getting really nervous about whether or not i'd wake up for work. I was so nervous about it, that when I did fall asleep around 5, I kept having dreams that would wake me up every 5 or so minutes. I dreamt I was being attacked by bed bugs. I dreamt I was sleeping in a high rise apartment and my Asian neighbor kept playing the violin on her rooftop and waking up the neighborhood. This happened over and over again until one of the neighbors pulled a gun on her and she ran inside. Then I dreamt I was sleeping outside in a parking lot, under a tarp, and kept waking up because people were either tripping over me or because I was scared someone was going to try and harm me. I hear taking sleep meds will give you bad dreams but apparently not taking them will really do the trick. I just need a nap. A really good, long nap. If only I could nap...
*Update. While working later this day, I heard my upstairs neighbor playing the violin. I'm not really sure if it was in my dream because i've heard it before (without really being aware of it) or because i am in fact a prophet but it's certainly one of those two.
No comments:
Post a Comment