There's this bit by lewey that I really like. He talks about how miserable everyone is in spite of the amazing things that have happened with technology and life etc. I'm on a plane right now IMing someone. for fun. and blogging. Little things like this are still completely crazy and amazing to me. Maybe because i'm an old lady at heart? Or because I traveled for a living and have more patience for it than some? Maybe because i was a little bit removed from things? Oh... i think i got it. I bet just hating life in general puts me in a unique position where i can easily love and appreciate the small things. Most people do it the other way, right? love life and bitch about all the details? I don't like that. Anyway, I AM WRITING THIS FROM A PLANE. it's a miracle! (an old miracle that i am finally getting to appreciate)
On my last flight, I sat in a row by myself! I was so stoked. Then i realized that no one sat near me because i picked the row next to the baby. oops. Her older brother really wanted attention...or maybe he wanted to drown the crying out but he sang the 'batman smells' version of jingle bells for about half the flight. I thought it was really cute and funny. I also liked that his mom never yelled at him. I think i would have told my kid to be quiet to be considerate of the ppl around. I think she was right though. I guess when you have had 6 kids, you get really good at knowing what to and what not to care about. The teacher/aunt in me really wanted to play a game with the kid. It could have been nice. I wish befriending children wasn't creepy? Ok so anyway, if you haven't seen the LCK thing, watch it.
http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/94
I love that Louis CK bit. It's muh favorite.
ReplyDelete