Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Physical Challenge

So tonight I hung out with a boy who has been asking me out for about three weeks.  I've told him several times that I like someone else and don't have an interest in dating and he's said that's fine but he's kept asking.  I talked to the boys in the IM about it today and it went something like...

back story back story back story...
boys: "well, boys who want to be "just friends" don't ask someone to hang out a million times so he probably just views you saying you like someone else as a challenge to get over or to make him like you"
me: "I know, I kind of agree, but I've said it sooo many times. I can't say it more or in any other way without being really mean"
boys: "so if you don't want to actually go out with him, you probably shouldn't go"
me:" I know....but I just want friends... *crying face icon*"
boys: "*sad face*"
me: "it's so hard to be a girl and not be a bitch.  If I was (insert bitchy girl) I would have gone out with him a million times already and made him buy me food and drinks.  But I seriously just want to hang out"

So.. in spite of agreeing with them, I went out....I really wanted to go out.  I also had told him I wasn't coming out and he said some guilt provoking thing about me not ditching him.  And honestly, it might have been my own weird sense of guilt and not anything implied, but it flipped my decision from staying in to going. But I did really want to hang out tonight and I don't know that many people in town. I quantified our hanging out as just hanging out (which probably made me seem like more of a jerk), I met instead of accepting a ride, and I paid instead of being paid for.  I also apologized for quantifying the hang out as not a date and explained that i'm weird and just good at liking someone (else).  I probably did all of the worst things.  but to my point.  It is seriously hard to be a girl, not want to date someone, and want to hang out with them. 

Anyway, we went to a trivia night.  The trivia night ended after two rounds WITH A PHYSICAL CHALLENGE.  Super exciting.  I guess it changes each week - today was flipping a "flip cup" 360 onto/from a ping pong paddle.   Regardless.  I felt really torn about it. much like the entire event.  I was super excited that physical challenges are being kept alive.  Yay Double Dare!  And Also felt like had I been #1 in trivia question points, and lost to a physical challenge, the whole thing would have been a cheat.   #LifeIsHard



No comments:

Post a Comment