Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Facebook Free

I am taking a break from facebook.   I'm not sure if it will be for all of 2k14, or for a while, or forever but so far, i'm really enjoying it.  I spent so much time just doing nothing on there. I'd sit and just scroll scroll scroll, reading tons of things that don't matter and don't have anything to do with me.  I also felt like I was up-to-date on everyone.  Which I was.  But only in a weird way.  And it made it seem like I didn't have to actually ask people how they're doing.  Because I already knew.  Without it now, I have to text or call or write letters.  It's making me better and I like it better. I also felt really uncomfortable knowing personal thoughts of people I didn't know very well.  I mean, people probably shouldn't post their breakup drama (etc) online (in general), and while I love reading it and being entertained by it -  it just felt a little dirty that I was reading it...and being entertained by it.  So that's all.  No facebook for me right now.  Maybe eventually I will become my grandpa and think the internet as a whole is stupid and reject it.  For now, I like online banking.  And this weird dirty invasive online journal of mine.  And my job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment