Monday, February 24, 2014

thank you, fireman

Oh shit.  the scariest thing just happened to me. I was walking home from the bar.. Its not a far walk but it was a really nice day so I wore shoes instead of my boots. I was walking home and a silver sedan with a back door rolled by me and hollered at me. nbd.  but then it hualted quickly and turned down the street and came then came back up a block away, it circled back in front of me and I walked slower to not cross as they passed.  a fire truck was a few blocks off.  they came back two street up as I hit ice covered over by snow and bit it.   they quickly turned, drove half the distance between us and backed into an alley way.  I crossed the st to the fire truck and knocked on the doors to wake up the slumbering men inside.  the driver came out and I explained the story.  I lived a block down, I was getting circled.  he was nice and concerned to a modest extent until they pulled out of the alley and I pointed out the car.  He seemed to believe me more and immediately take more concern, understandably so... they circled twice more in our conversation and I made to be sure to tell him what the other side of the car looked like.  the second time,  he made a point to point them out.  Then, he talked about calling 911 loudly.  After that he hung out with me a while longer.   I felt like an emergency call wasn't necessary but hanging out by sirens for a while was.  Eventually they stopped circling for a long enough, that I felt ok making it home with just his promise to watch me walk.  I'm home. life is ok.  the moral of the story is men in trucks with sirens are your friend. and wear boots.   

No comments:

Post a Comment