Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hong Kong, I love you!

I've just returned from Hong Kong.  and i made that decision (that i often do) to stay up the whole night before leaving to get as much in as possible.  i feel like a zombie. 
Hong Kong was amazing.  I feel like we had three mini vacations in one because we spent some time on Macau (which is beautiful), a few days at a resort (swimming pool, beach, bath tubs and a king size bed. so many wonderful things!), and the rest of the time downtown kowloon/ downtown HK island.   We rode 6 ferries.  We went to one island and one theme park (though we reneged on going to disneyland cause after some internet surfing it had less (no) panda's than the other park and (mostly dumb) rides we've all already been on)
I swam in the nicest pool i've ever seen in my life.  i ate the most delicious foods from so many places in the world and none of them were hong kong versions of said food (like here where everything is korean/chinese or korean pizza or korean/italian etc etc)   So many cultures and everyone was rich and beautiful.  i've never felt more under dressed or young looking in my life but nbd, i still made friends. i love hong kong! 

2 comments: