My mom stopped me the other day. She needed to talk. She seemed upset.
M: "Honey. I love you. And I know you're going to hate me for asking this....but I've kept it in for so long I just can't wait any longer"
Me: "Ok..."
M: "You're going to hate me"
Me: "Just say it, mom"
M: "Can you please make your bed in the morning?"
Me: laughter
M: "Your door was open today and it was just so messy seeming with an unmade bed"
Me: "Can I just keep my door closed?"
M: "You should always make your bed. It makes you feel better when you enter the room"
Me: "Well when my bed is unmade it makes me feel better. Like my bed is inviting me into it."
M: "*pplleeaassee. I think it's so much better made"
Me: "Well how about I'll make my bed every morning for you and before I come home at night you unmake it for me?"
M: "Ok!"
!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy mother would never agree to the second part.
I want to be that kind of mother.