Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Neighborhood Shame

Since spring my mom's been jealous of the neighbor's lawn which was dandelion free.  Our lawn, on the other hand, was riddled with them.  For weeks my mom talked about how she wanted to spray the lawn to kill the dandelions so she finally told me about a month ago that she had bought spray. That weekend she just kept saying "I need to spray the lawn but I'm so tired".  So in an attempt to be helpful, I took the bottle and sprayed for her.   About two weeks later my dad asked me if I knew what had happened to the lawn.  I didn't know what he was talking about.  He took me out front and there it was.  A tie-dyed lawn. Green and Brown.  Turns out that I, like my mom, didn't read the bottle she purchased.  The bottle that said "weed and grass killer."  oops! 

No comments:

Post a Comment