Thursday, March 31, 2011

found today- written 4 months ago at the atlanta airport

All of my bags are far too heavy. And I have too many things to be carrying around an airport by myself.  I don’t always think about things before they’re really annoying.  But when they’re happening, I remember how at one point in time before I swore I would never get in said situation again.  I hate having a backpack and a laptop and the heaviest purse full of electronics and a winter coat and scarf over my hoodie because I know it will be freezing when I get there but it’s so hot on the plane.  Especially the plane to korea.  The 18 hour plane.   Asians are so scared of being cold.  I could have packed said coat but I was already 18 lbs over limit and bursting at the seems.  Oops. It would be so nice to have someone in the airport to watch my bags when i decide i want a drink. Or need to use the bathroom.  Or want to not be sitting for a few minutes. Or whatever.  I really like traveling alone but moving around alone is too much baggage.  Literally.

Good things about Atlanta airport?  Qdoba. 
Bad things about Atlanta airport?  You think you’re getting free wifi and then you’re not.  I mean you are...if you need to look at the zoo or local college websites.  Otherwise, you’re just let down.

The best part of today?   I’m at the gate to my flight to korea and everyone is so attractive and incredibly well dressed. 

I’m slightly nervous that someone will trip over my computer cord because it’s strewn across the floor in a moderately busy traffic area.  However,  I’m not super nervous because there are only two white people at this gate and I don’t think Koreans sue people. 

Also, 3 people today asked if I’m doing a student exchange program.  I hope I always look 8 yrs younger than I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Huh. I wish there could have been some way to let me know about this and that I could have done something about it. oh well. catch up with you next time.

    ReplyDelete